The jury of the TOP DESIGN award 2019 competition, which included nine experts: designers, dorms and specialists in the field of design, met at the Poznań International Fair and made the first evaluation of the submitted products. 22 projects were nominated for the second stage of the competition. These are products representing 10 thematic categories. – TOP DESIGN competition is an inseparable element of our trade fair. In spite of the changes that we implement in the project, we did not imagine the next edition of ARENA DESIGN without an exhibition presenting products that stand out in terms of design. We are glad that producers are becoming more and more aware of customers’ expectations and observe that they are increasingly looking for products that stand out not only in terms of form but also in quality – says Joanna Waszak, ARENA DESIGN project director.
The jury of the TOP DESIGN award competition was joined this year by the president of the LoveOriginal Association Berenike Miłkowska-Milbrodt. – A few months ago, in our manifesto, we wrote that we oppose the conscious production, marketing and selling of someone else’s designs, which is why we are involved in any initiative that promotes original design. It is important to us that the products presented to the general public should be selected with due diligence – she says.
The TOP DESIGN award has been accompanied by ARENIE DESIGN since its inception. For 10 years, the organizers – listening to the opinions of experts who sit on the jury – reward manufacturers for whom the quality of performance and functionality of the products launched on the market is the highest value. During the previous – ten editions of the competition, nearly 70 projects were awarded that were distinguished by their form, design quality and materials used. The competition’s laureates include brands such as NOTI, FRANKE, VZÓR, MARMITE, VOX, PROFIM, CELFAST, MARBET, FAKRO, HANSGROHE, GROHE POLSKA, MARMORIN, VOX FURNITURE, PAGED, SCHATTDECOR, SITAG and ZELMER.
All products nominated for the second stage of the competition will be available at the special exhibition, which will be located at Hall No. 5 during ARENA DESIGN. Maria Jeglińska – designer, creative director of ARENA DESIGN 2019 is responsible for the exhibition.
List of products nominated for the 2nd Stage of the Competition:
I. Category – home space:
1. Collection arch: chair A-1801, armchair B-1801, FAMEG Sp. z o.o., Pawlak & Stawarski
2. Zasłomki, PHU Lido Ilona Rogozik, Rafał Rogozik
3. CHIC LOUNGE, Profim sp. o.o., Christophe Pillet
II. Category – office:
4. UFA, Doki Design, STUDIO 1: 1 Jarosław Szymański
5. Balma STEPPS, BALMA, Piotr Kuchciński
6. SONA, NOTI Sp. z o.o., MAJA GANSZYNIEC
III. Category – kitchen:
7. Kitchen Front – INTEGRATED HANDLE, BLACK RED WHITE S.A., BLACK RED WHITE
8. The battery FRANKE VITAL, Franke Polska
IV. Category – bathroom:
9. TEMISTO bathroom faucets series, Deante Antczak Sp.j., Michał Łój
10. VIV washbasin, Marmite Sp. z o.o., Marta Gębska
V. Category – public space:
11. MOUFLON, Kołaszewski Sp. z o.o., Kamila Knitter
VI. Category – Elements of interior design and finishing / home textiles:
12. Linen linen LAS, MOANA Projekt, Beata Dębowska
13. ESPUMO, VOX
14. Door series Sklejka LINE, Witowa Sp. z o.o., Edwin Jankowiak Design Studio EDO DESIGN
VII. Category – materials and components:
15. NEAPOLIS, Schattdecor Sp. zo.o., Schattdecor design team
16. ANIKA, TENTE Sp. z o.o., TENTE
17. PORTOS, Toptextil Sp. z o.o., Toptextil Sp. from o. o.
18. SYCYLIA, Toptextil Sp. z o.o., Toptextil Sp. from o. o.
VIII. Category – Consumer electronics:
19. Remote control MOBILUS COSMO | WM, MOBILUS MOTOR SP. Z O.O., Piotr Kijo and Mariusz Grabowski
IX. Category – child:
20. PLATFORM, LINIA series, TNT Studio Wojciech Wiśniewski, Prof. dr hab. Katarzyna Laskowska, dr Dorota Januszek. MA Joanna Lisiecka, MA Katarzyna Karpierz
X. Category – automotive and public transport:
21. The family of SOLARIS URBINO buses by facelift, Solaris Bus & Coach S.A., Jens Timmich / Michał Pikuła
22. SOLARIS URBINO 12 LE lite hybrid, Solaris Bus & Coach S.A., Jens Timmich / Michał Pikuła